Search This Blog

Friday 25 February 2011

Thought for the Day

    It has to be said that there are a good many people who do not like the 2009 series of THEPRISONER. Indeed, one person I know gave it but half an hour of the first episode Arrival before he switched off. Another didn't even give it that, only a mere ten minutes. Why didn't, don't, they like it? Well for a variety of reasons. One friend of mine said "Why make a new series, when we already have the original?"
    I look at it like this. If Bill Gallagher had written his series first, that is the series fans would have liked. And then along comes one Patrick McGoohan producing a new series, that is the one fans of THEPRISONER would have taken against! Me? Oh I'm pleased to say that I count myself fortunate, that as far as THEPRISONER goes, I count myself amongst the minority.
I'll be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment