Search This Blog

Sunday 8 April 2012

The Prisoner's Question Time

   Number 19 "Yes gentlemen."
   Number 6 Yes, we'd like to look at your books."
   "Well they've never been looked at before!"
   "Always a first time isn''t there?"
   "Yes, well, just a minute....I remember you, you came into my shop asking for a map of the area."
   "That was a long time ago, things change, situations change."
   Number 53 "He's a big cheese now."
   19 "Yes, I've one of those, a stilton, it's stinking my shop out!"
    6 "Can we stick to the purpose of our visit."
    "Yes gentleman. Well I think you'll find everything in order. I've just the one book."
    "One book, what about the day book, the cash book.....?"
    "Well I put it all down in the one book, it works."
    53 "yes, but that's not the way to do it, it's not the proper way it's done."
    "Well I know.....but no-one's bothered to audit my books before."
    6 "You could lose your job for this."
    "Surely not gentlemen."
    "Well we'll have to see won't we."
    "Yes, well gentlemen you'd better come inside, I'm sure you'll find everything in order."
    53 "How much is the stilton?"
    19 "13 work units a pound."
    "Very reasonable, I'll take half a pound. I could do with a loaf of bread, do you have any bottled beer?"
    "Non-alcoholic I'm afraid."
   "Oh that's fine."
   6 "Can you leave your shopping until we've done. Get in side you two before someone sees us!"

BCNU

3 comments:

  1. HERE'S a question. Logically, 'Returns' must come after 'Chimes' in the 'Prisoner Running Order'.

    Why doesn't No6 expose Fotheringay and the Colonel as traitors when he reaches London? I can forgive him for not reporting them in 'Forsake' because he's too busy trying to convince his bosses that he is ZM73 (Drake.)

    (Notice that as soon as No6 escapes the Village by raft in 'Returns', the elusive number '7' appears in No6's log!) BCNU...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Steve,

    I always thought that Fotheringay and the Colonel of 'Chimes,' had been replaced by Thorpe and the Colonel in 'Returns' for what reason I don't know. I'm more amazed that the Prisoner actually went running back to his ex-colleagues a second time, knowing that he had once been betrayed by them during 'Chimes!'

    'The Chimes of Big Ben' before 'Many Happy Returns? Well yes, followed by 'The Schizoid Man' and 'Many Happy Returns.'

    Regards
    David.
    BCNU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I like your reasoning of Fotheringay and the Colonel being REPLACED! I can honestly say I'd never thought of that and as far as I'm concerned - clears up that discrepancy!

    Many thanks.

    BCNU... );oB

    ReplyDelete