Search This Blog

Sunday 1 April 2012

What's That Escaped Prisoner Up To?

    Policeman "Excuse me sir, but we've had a report of an abandoned lorry on the Thames embankment. I don't suppose you know anything about it?"
    Prisoner "Yeeeesss, well you see officer?"
    "And that Dawarf looks a bit suspicious. Who is he?"
    "He's my Butler."
   "Butler eh. What does he do?"
   "Well he ..... he buttles!"
   "We are also looking out for an escaped Prisoner sir. About six feet two inches, light brown hair, light blue eyes, wearing a dark suit."
    "Dangerous is he?"
    "Only to himself, perhaps to the general public if he's allowed to roam free sir. Now about this lorry."
    "I'm sorry officer, but I can't help you."
    "But we have a witness who saw you, the Dwa........your Butler, and another man walking away from the lorry. It's got to be shifted you know.
   "And if not?"
   "We'll have it towed away sir, and there'll be a fine and impound charge for the release of the lorry."
   "It's not my lorry."
   "Well who does it belong to?"
   "The dwa......my Butler drove it here, you'd better ask him about it. Not that you'll get much out of him"
   "A tough customer is he?"
   "He's......well I don't know what he is or who he is. In fact less is known about him than it is about me, and I'm considered to be something of an enigma"
   "I see sir."
   "Do you? Do you really officer?"
    "Can I have your name sir."
   "Yes, it's Peter, Peter Smith."
   "And your address."
   "Number one Buckingham Place, Westminster, London. But I don't know how long I'll be there."
   "Moving are you sir?"
   "It all depends. You see I've got some people to see, and then I might be going away."
   "I see sir."
   "Do you officer, then I wish you would explain it to me!"
   "Yes, well if you don't mind sir, I'll just have a word with the dwa......your Butler."
   "Yes, well good luck with that officer."

BCNU

No comments:

Post a Comment