Search This Blog

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Postcard From The Village

    It used to be fun following in McGoohan's footsteps as the Prisoner. There was a time when I was the right age to play the role of No.6. Running about on the beach shouting "I am not a number, I am a free man." Then dodging about in the Village, popping up in bushes, and thinking about the scenes McGoohan acted out around Portmeirion. But I don't do it any more, I'm too old now you see.
   However I do still wear the piped blazer, the jacket of my suit {identical to the one worn by the Prisoner} I now wear with a pair of black jeans. Well it's the trendy thing to do when a jacket outlasts it's trouser.
    Following in the Patrick McGoohan's footsteps, no I don't do that anymore, as I've been making footsteps of my own for some considerable time now, at least where 'the Prisoner' is concerned. Is that blowing my own trumpet? Well yes, but as someone once said "At least you've a trumpet to blow!"

I'll be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment