Search This Blog

Thursday 15 August 2013

The Therapy Zone


"I won't go for it, whatever it is. So you may as well stop trying!"
   They want to know why I resigned. No.2 thought that by getting me to give my time of birth that the rest would follow. I almost told the Colonel that time why I resigned. It was a matter of conscience, because for a very long time....... Then No.2 took me on in the embryo room, I said, I yelled that I was rebelling against the figures my Lord. And after I had had quite enough I actually told No.2 why I resigned "For peace, for peace of mind. Because too many people know too much." But I don't think he was listening, and I wasn't about to tell him twice!

   I have often wondered why No.6 involved himself with ‘It’s Your Funeral,’ why No.6 cared enough about the citizens of the community.  And if No.6 and No.1 are one and the same person, as we suppose they are, then the villages administration already knew why No.6 resigned before the Prisoner even arrived in the Village.

Many Happy Returns
"Interesting fellow" Thorpe remarks
"He's an old, old friend who never gives up" responds the Colonel.
Which in turn makes No.6 his own worst enemy!
  No.6 is not a man to simply sit about to wait and see what happens. He is a man of Action, that's Action with a capital "A". Neither is he a man who can simply accept his freedom having once escaped the clutches of the........... of the village. He needs to know which side runs the Village, he has suspicions that it is that of his own people. And more, he has to go and find the village again, and yet more, he actually goes back to the village, and it is this which makes No.6 his own worst enemy!
  However, having returned to the Village, is a promise half kept to No.2. That No.6 would escape and come back, come back, wipe the village off the face of the Earth. Obliterate it and No.2 with it. The second part of this promise the Prisoner kept, in ‘Fall Out’ when he launched the rocket, causing the mass evacuation.

    After No.6's first meeting with his observer No.240, she hurries away towards the Town Hall in order to take up her duties in the control room.
    No.6 takes it into his head to follow No.240, that's a good one, the observed following his Observer!
   But suddenly that white membranic Village Guardian has other ideas and impedes No.6's progress enough to give No.240 a head start. Then goes off for a second, allowing No.6 to mount the steps and follow in his observers footsteps. But then reappears again impeding No.6's progress along the cobbled path.
   No.240 approaches the pair of wrought Iron gates, the other side of those and the street lies the Town Hall. She looks back for a second, as she realises that she is being followed by No.6!
    But to save her there is again the village guardian, as it continues to impede No.6, and give No.240 time to cross the street and enter the Town Hall.
   There is no force used by this membranic being against No.6, nor does it emit its blood curdling roar, or attempt to suffocate No.6 into unconsciousness. It simply glides in and out of No.6's path at given moments, with gentle persuasion and a touch of agitation, slows No.6's progress enough to give No.240 time to enter the Town Hall.

Be seeing you.... Rover permitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment