Search This Blog

Thursday 20 March 2014

60 Second Interview With The Widow Madam Professor

    No.113 "So how are you keeping these days Madam Widow Professor?"
    "Oh pretty well, I keep myself busy."
    "They didn't release you from the Village after your husband's suicide Madam Widow Professor."
    "Obviously not, otherwise we wouldn't be sat here talking together."
   "Well quite."
   No.113b "Smile" {click goes the camera}
   "Well Madam widow Professor, look I can't possible keep calling you that."
   "It will suffice."
   "I might be a bit on the slow side, but I've just realised that we have never known yours and your husband's names."
   "I thought names are not used in the Village?"
   "True, true, but you do not wear your number either, and for that matter neither did your husband."
   "We both came here voluntarily, we had certain privileges. My husband was a teacher, he taught."
   "You came here voluntarily, not recruited?"
   "Recruited?"
   "Your husband the Professor was not selected for the specific purpose of speedlearn?"
   "No."
   "Then any teacher might have done, it just so happened to be your husband."
   "Look I don't know what you are trying to insinuate.......perhaps you are here simply to besmirch my husband's memory."
   "Nothing could be further from the truth Madam widow Professor. Yours is a human story. You and your husband arrived in the Village of your own free will, that's unusual for a start, not many like you in the Village. Plus you were perfectly happy, until Number Two began to turn the screw."
   "My husband realised what a mistake we had made."
   "And now here you are all alone."
   "I have my arts seminars."
   "Which Number Two allows you to continue to hold."
   "Yes."
   "And to continue to live in this house."
   "Yes. Number Two is very kind."
   "And you're still happy?"
   "What do you think?"
   And after the Madam widow Professor's life art seminar, I and my photographic colleague put our clothes on and left!

Reporter No.113
Photographer No.113b

No comments:

Post a Comment