Search This Blog

Monday 3 November 2014

Village Life!


Shopkeeper “Yes gentlemen, what can I do for you?”
Number 6 “We’re members of The Village Arts Council.”
“Never heard of it!”
“Well you’ve heard about the exciting painting competitions organised by your local Council?”
“Yes.”
“Well that’s us.”
“Ah, well I have to say I didn’t think much to your last competition.”
“Still life. What was the matter with that?”
“I painted Number 8 in the nude.”
“Did you?”
“Well not quite in the nude. I kept my socks on.”
“Why did you do that?”
“Well I needed somewhere to keep my brushes!”
“That’s all very interesting, but it has nothing to do with the matter in hand.”
“Which is?”
“I need lead for my pencil.”
“Well gentlemen if you’ll just step inside, I’ll see what I can do for you.”

BSEEINU

2 comments:

  1. Dear David
    I love this scene – they look so shady and sheepish don’t they trying to get their little band of rebels together! Rather obvious that they’re up to something; as No 2 said – this looks suspicious!
    Love
    N
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nadia,
      Yes this trio do look rather sheepish, hadn't thought of them like that before.
      Of course after the failed escape attempt Number 6 asked Number 2 what would happen to the others. Number 2 told him that they would be back on the chessboard tomorrow. Well the shopkeeper wasn't, he was replaced by another shopkeeper Number 112, a right little weasel who went sneaking off to Number 2 the moment Number 6 had left his Emporium! {Hammer Into Anvil}.

      Very kind regards
      David
      BCNU

      Delete