Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 November 2014

What’s That Supervisor Up To?


   “What’s going on here?” 
   “Going on Number Two?” 
     “Yes going on.” 
    “I don’t know what you mean.” 
    “Haven’t you been keeping Number Six under surveillance?” 
    “Yes."
   “And you don’t think any of his activities strange?” 
    “Well I…..” 
    “That message for Number Six?” 
    “What about it?”  
    “Do you think I’m stupid?” 
    “Do you really want me to answer that?” 
    “Birthday greetings for Number Six.” 
    “What’s wrong with that?” 
    “It’s not right!” 
    “Well of course it’s not right!” 
    “What?” 
    “May I suggest Number Two….” 
    “I am not interested in your suggestions. If you thought the birthday greeting for Number Six wasn’t right. Why did you send it?” 
    “I saw no harm in it.” 
    “You saw no harm in it!” 
    “Yes. Like that time with those records, you spent all morning listening to them. And where did it get you? Nowhere, and all that wasted time. And there was his copy of The Tally Ho. Not to mention the message he sent to XO Four. Oh yes and those blank sheets of paper you found in the Stoneboat, what a waste of time they turned out to be. And then there was that episode with the Head of Psychiatrics….oh and then there was the leader of the Brass Band….”         
     “Alright, you needn’t go on!” 
    “We all knew Number 6 was Jamming, that’s why we let his little games ride.” 
    “Well for that you’re finished. No-one makes a monkey out of me!” 
    “No you can do that all by yourself!” 
    “What was that?” 
    “Nothing.” 
    “You’re finished as Supervisor.” 
    “Finished, why?” 
    “For gross insubordination and giving too much back-chat!” 
    “You…….what’s your number, you take over, and watch your step, otherwise it’ll be more the worse for you!” 
    “Yes Number Two” and says under his breath “he’s lost a screw!” 
    “What did you say?” 
    “I, I said I think the helicopter’s due!” 
    “That’s enough from you. You’re finished. You, you take over.” 
    “Righto Number Two.” 
    “Nothing else to say?” 
    “No Number Two.”
   
Observer “He’ll run out of Supervisors the way he’s going!” 
    “Who said that?”
   
The Control Room fell silent.
   
I’ll find out who said it. I’ll break this conspiracy!”



Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment