Search This Blog

Thursday 17 December 2015

Village Life!


    I’m not the only one to have lived with ‘the Prisoner’ for almost fifty years, in fact there are a great many fans such as myself. I wonder what Patrick McGoohan would have said? What the hell are you doing wasting your life on a damned television show? Get out there and live your life before its too late! Well I shouldn’t think it would be in those exact words, but the meaning is there. And if it isn’t I’d be very much surprised. But it is all too late now. For me ‘the Prisoner’ has been a forty-nine year obsession, soon to be made fifty. So I may as well see out the remainder of the years I have left immersed in my obsession. I freely admit that I do not watch the series anywhere near as much as I used to, but that’s because its been indelibly imprinted on the cortex of my brain, similar to that of Speedlearn as it has with other students of ‘the Prisoner.’ But I do keep writing my daily blog, not everyone agrees with what I write, however many, many readers around the World read my blog everyday and thoroughly enjoy doing so, and that’s all that matters. But no matter what, when the time comes, enthusiasts for ’the Prisoner,’ no matter where they are, no matter who they are, or what differences they may have, will all come together one way or another in celebration of fifty years of what is still today, a remarkable television series. One which unlike so many others has withstood the test of time, even more so since the re-mastering of the film.

Be seeing you

2 comments:

  1. Quod erat demonstrandum: the success of "Speedlearn"! "Because (The Prisoner has) been indelibly imprinted on the cortex of my brain..." What would the Professor have to say about that! - BCNU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Arno,
      He'd probably think I was weak minded!

      Best regards
      David
      BCNU

      Delete