Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 December 2017

Village Life!

    “What are you doing here?”
    “I might ask you the same thing.”
    “We’re the beach patrol.”
    “The beach patrol?”
    “Yes, it’s our job to make sure the beach is safe.”
    “Safe from what? I had no idea it was in danger.”
    “You trying to be funny?”
    “Obviously not.”
    “What were you doing lurking about in the sand dunes?”
    “Mmmmm, my badge, it came off and I was looking for it in the sand.”
    “Really, that could be dangerous. Someone might come walking along and prick themselves in the foot by the pin of the badge you dropped.”
    “Yeah, we don’t like people dropping litter on the beach.”
    “Oh your mate.......”
    “What about him?”
    “……….He does speak then!”
   “Look mister we don’t like silly beggars lurking about on the beach, especially in the dunes, they might be up to no good.”
   “I’m not neither silly or a beggar!”
   “Oh get in the Moke.”
   “Why?”
   “We’ll give you a ride home.”
   “You don’t know where I live.”
   “The Village should be close enough, you can walk from there.”
   “Thanks very much!”
   “Think yourself lucky we’re taking you that far.”
   “Yeah, we’re not a blooming taxi service you know.”
   “What about the Professor?”
   “Up the Professor that’s what I say.”
   “I couldn’t agree more!”
   “Here what’s your game?”
   “Chess what’s yours?!”
   “A pint, we’ll call in at the Cat and Mouse on the way home!”


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment