Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 May 2018

Village Life!

    “A copy of The Tally Ho, that will be two work units. Can I interest you in a packet of sweets?”
    “No, do you sell cigarettes?”
    “No sir. What about a postcard?”
    “Who would I be likely to send a postcard of the village to?”
    “You could send it to a friend.”
    “Saying what?”
    “Having a wonderful time, wish you were here.”
    “But I’m not having a wonderful time, and some of my friends have already been here!”
    “Perhaps if you were more open, more amenable, you might get on better with people.”
    “What are you doing this afternoon?”
    “What kind of girl do you think I am?”
    “I was thinking we could enjoy a coffee together at the Café across the way.”
    “Well you can think again!”
    “Alright, don’t jump out of your pram. I was just trying to be more amenable!”
    “I know your sort, you were trying to pick me up!”
    “Do you know, there are some days when I don’t know why I even bother to get up in the morning!”


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment