Search This Blog

Monday 25 June 2018

60 Second Interview With No.2

    “I see the helicopter has just left, someone having arrived or just left?”
    “What do you want….who are you?”
    “I hope this isn’t a bad time….I am Number One-one-three, and this is my photographic colleague Number One-one-three b, we contribute to The Tally Ho.”
    “Smile” click goes the camera.
    “What’s the matter Number Two, can’t you force a smile?”
    “Now look, I don’t want any of this getting into the newspaper!”
    “Any of what?”
    “What you just witnessed.”
    “You mean Number Six threatening you?”
    “He didn’t!”
    “You deny it?”
    “Look why don’t you go and get…………..”
    “Is that a threat Number two? Now what was it Number Six said…..oh yes, “and so the great day is nearly over” it was a great day wasn’t it, “Came off rather well, I thought, better than planned. And now you can look forward to your own retirement and I’m sure they’ll arrange something equally suitable for you when the day comes…..be seeing you….won’t I?”
    “You managed to write all that down?”
    “Yes.”
    “Let me have that notebook.”
    “Why do you want it?”
    “I want to destroy it!”
    “There is a word which sums up your predecessor, achievement. Can you think of a word which will sum you up Number Two?”
    “Don’t tempt me…….”
    “The retired Number Two just left in the helicopter, the helicopter which has now returned to The Village….don’t tell me its brought your replacement already!”
   “Smile” click goes the camera.


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment