Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 July 2018

The Village

    I didn’t think it would be like this!
    Well what did you think it would be like?
    The Employment agency told me I was contracted to help construct a holiday resort somewhere abroad.
    That’s what we’re doing, aren’t we?
    I don’t call excavating two large circular pits a holiday resort!
    I thought they were two swimming pools!
    Well you’re getting paid for it.
    I’ve been here helping dig these two pits for two long months, and I’ve yet to see one penny piece! 
    Well now you come to mention it, neither have I, and I can name others in the same boat. Plumbers, electricians, painters, plasterers, bricklayers. labourers, stone masons, carpenters, landscape gardeners, lumberjacks.....everyone!
    We’re all in the same boat. What’s more no-one is allowed to leave this place!
    What no leave at all?
    No, so the foreman told me!
    So who is going to be living in this village?
    It looks like we are!
   

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment