Search This Blog

Sunday 15 July 2018

Village Life!

   “Don’t I get to read your Tally Ho mailing?”
   “No Fourteen.”
   “But sir?”
   “I’m sorry, but you’ll just have to wait your turn, this has just arrived, and I’ve been waiting for this for ages, so I’ll read it first!”
   “Yes sir……….I wonder what Piet Hein’s writing about this time?”
   “Perhaps he’s writing about me!”
   “Why should he write about you?”
   “Well he’s more likely to write about me than he is you!”
   “He could write about both of us!”
   “Why should he do that?”
   “He might find us interesting.”
   “In what way?”
   “I don’t know.”
   “Very well Fourteen, carry on.”
   “With what?”
   “What?”
   “Carry on with what sir?”
   “I don’t know, carry on with whatever you were doing I suppose.”
   “I was assisting you.”
   “Oh yes. Well go and do whatever it is you do when you’re not assisting me.”
   “And The Tally Ho?”
   “I’ll let you have it later.”
   “Yes sir, that Johnny Prisoner he always makes me laugh!”


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment