Search This Blog

Saturday 10 November 2018

Quote For The Day

    “I am not a number, I am a free man.”
                                  {The Prisoner}
    A protest, we like protests, but sometimes you can protest too much. “I am not a number,” he was perfectly happy to be known by his code name ZM73. But the trouble with that was, the Prisoner wasn’t in his right frame of mind at the time. Yes I realize I should have said body, but the actor was different.
    “I am a free man,” What he’s just been released from prison or something? Or perhaps he’s announced himself free from slavery, as the historical definition of a “free man” is “a person who is not a slave or serf.” I don’t think Number 6 fits the British definition being a person who has been given the freedom of a city or borough.


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment