Search This Blog

Monday 24 December 2018

Village Life!

    “Compliments of the season.”
    “What do you mean by that?”
    “Well it is Christmas eve.”
    “What’s that got to do with the price fish, you’ll be wishing me a merry Christmas next!”
    “Well yes, merry Christmas.”
    “Merry Christmas indeed!”
    “You’ll be saying Bah humbug next!”
    “Why are you smiling like that, you’re acting like a big kid!”
    “I’ve got you a present.”
    “You haven’t!”
    “I have.”
    “I haven’t got you anything.”
    “You didn’t get me anything last year!”
    “That’s because we didn’t celebrate Christmas last year!”
    “I was wondering why I was the only one in the choir!”
    “That was you singing was it? There were complaints!”
    “We must try to get into the festive spirit.”
    “Must we?”
    “Number Two is wearing a red jacket with white piping.”
    “Is he?”
    “Yes, what’s more I’ve seen him driving about in a Mini-Moke fixed up with antlers and a big red nose!”
    “What’s that you’re humming?”
    “My favourite carol, God rest ye merry gentlemen. Come on we’ll sing it as we make our way to the café for tea and mince pies.”

    “God rest ye merry gentlemen
let nothing you dismay
remember Christ our saviour
was born on Christmas Day
to save us all from Satan’s pow’r
when we were gone astray
oh tidings of comfort and joy
comfort and joyoh tidings of comfort and joy…..”

Be seeing yule!

No comments:

Post a Comment