Search This Blog

Saturday 12 January 2019

The Interrogation

    “This is the ninth day, usually they talk after the third day, after the third day they want to talk, some we can’t shut up they want to talk so much. But you...............”
    “You’re doing a fair amount of talking yourself. I expect you’re one of those who likes the sound of his own voice, well let me tell you I’m not so keen on it myself!”
    “You think they’ll pin a medal on you, is that what it is? I held out for nine days and didn’t talk.”
    “Really, did you?”
    “Did I what?”
    “Hold out for nine days without talking.”
    “No I didn’t.”
    “Then you talked on the third day?”
    “I didn’t talk at all, in fact it’s not me we’re talking about, it’s you!”
    “Well I’ve nothing else to say.”
    “You will my dear fellow you will!”
    “You think so?”
    “I could have you tortured until you talk.”
    “Physical torture?”
    “Yes.”
    “Bit barbaric don’t you think?”
    “There are more subtle ways.”
    “Mental torture.”
    “Yes, the girl you helped.”
    “Sandra.”
    “Is that her name?”
    “Number Fifty-five if you prefer.”
    “If you do not give us what we want, it will be all the worse for her.”
    “You wouldn’t, no, I can see that you would.”
    “Well?”
    “Do your worst!”
    “You are very stubborn. This is Number Two, take Number Fifty-five out and shoot her.”
    “Please I’ve done nothing wrong. I did what Number Two asked of me, I.....no you wouldn’t, no please.................
    The sound of gunfire.
    “Well?”
    “How do I know she’s dead?”
    The body of the girl is brought in a laid on the floor of the interrogation room.
    “Well, are you ready to talk?”
    “She’s dead, you can’t hold her over me anymore.”
    The girl stands up.
    “I told you it wouldn’t work!”
    “He’s not like the others.”
    “Obviously.”
    “If you’re not going to talk we might as well put you up against the wall and shoot you!”
    “There is another way Number Two. Use the hollow leg treatment, pour some Vodka down him!”
    “What would be the point in that, it’s non-alcoholic!”
    “Well take him to the Therapy Zone, I’m sure the brewer will have a special brew.”
    “Oh I do like to be beside the seaside I do like to be beside the sea, as I walk along the front.........”
    “So, how do you feel?”
    “Me? I feel fine, this Vodka......it is Vodka?”
    “It’s strong stuff eh?”
    “You show me the man who says it isn’t!”
    “So what about this new weapon?”
    “What the blistering bomb?”
    “Is that what it’s called?”
    “Shhhhhhhh, its top secret!”
    “Yes I know, but you can tell me.”
    “Can’t!”
    “What makes it so secret?”
    “Because of what it does.”
    “What does it do?”
    “Don’t tell a living soul.”
    “I won’t.”
    “Cross your heart and hope to die.”
    “I cross my heart and hope to die.”
    “It burns as it bursts as it blisters!”
    “Is that it?”
    “What else do you want it to do, destroy everything within a five mile radius?”
    “That would be a bonus.”
    “Actually it’s fifteen miles, and do you know what?”
    “Know what?”
    “They are going to drop it on this place, here, on the village. I’m an automatic signal, I swallowed a transmitter which fixes my precise location.”
    “What?”
    “Oh I doubt I’ve time to explain all that again. If I’ve judged this about right the village and everyone in it will cease to exist in less than two minutes.”
    “What’s that sound?”
    “Well would you believe it, my watch is slow...................


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment