Search This Blog

Friday 4 January 2019

Who Is That On The Telephono?

    New No.2 “Number Two here, I'm on red by the way.”
    Ex-No.2 “Red, yes I’m on red.”
    “Where are you?”
    “I'm in the helicopter!”
    “Yes I know, what are you doing?”
    “About a hundred miles an hour! Did everything go according to plan?”
    “Don't worry.”
    “I'm not, I've done my bit!”
    “All will be satisfactory in the end. Give my regards to the homeland.”
    “He's a tricky customer you know.”
    “Yes, but we didn't damage the tissue, we just bruised it a bit! You attacked the pilot.”
    “Yes.”
    “Why did you do that?”
    “He wouldn’t fly me out of the Village!”
    “You have to come back you know.”
    “Not likely!”
    “Then you force my hand.”
    A few moments later the ex-No.2 struggles with the joystick as the helicopter makes a right-hand turn back towards the Village. The speed of the helicopter reduces as the Village gets closer, the ex-No.2 is now frantic, pulling on the joystick is useless as the controls have been taken over, the helicopter being flown by remote control. The helicopter makes its approach to land on the triangular lawn by the sea wall. He can see the white Mini-Moke and the Red Cross trailer, and the figure of the new No.2 waiting to receive him……..


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment