Search This Blog

Monday 29 April 2019

In The Village

    “We’re still trying to discover why Rover killed Number 6.”
    “There’s going to be hell to pay!”
    “I wouldn’t say that. You know what happens now of course?”
    “I go back to my cottage, change into my civilian clothes. Then it’s a short taxi ride to the helicopter where I leave for the landing stage to pick up the jet from there.”
    “Not quite. You go back to your cottage.......change into the brown jacket hanging in the wardrobe, and spend the rest of your life here in the village as Number 6!”
    “You can’t do that!”
    “I don’t see why not. Susan died a year ago, so no-one’s going to miss you.”
    “What about the people in my department? Some embarrassing questions will be asked if I don’t return.”
    “Oh I don’t think so!”
    “Why don’t you think so?”
    “Because there was a most regrettable accident, it was Curtis who was suffocated to death, such a tragedy. However to the outside world he died in an accident at sea, sadly there were no survivors. But then he knew the risks.”
    “You’ll never get away with it. I’ll shout the house down.”
    “Shout as loud as you like, protest as much as you like, no-one will believe you.”
    “ I’m not a number, I am a free man, and I am certainly not your Number 6!”.”
    “Excellent, see how good you are at it, no-one would know you are not Number 6!”
    “This isn’t 18th century France, and I’m not the man in the iron mask!”
    “No, but you have been able to draw the parallel, at least that much has not escaped you.”
    “And if I do not play ball?”
    Number 2 produced a gas gun.
    “Then we’ll have no further use for you..... one squirt you’re paralyzed, two squirts you’re dead. One squirt I think!”
     “No......no.......no.”
     Hissssssssssssss
    Number 2 picked up the yellow ‘L’ shaped intercom “Control Room........Supervisor.”
    “Supervisor here sir.”
    “Number 6 has gone berserk, he just attacked me. I’ve had to subdue him with nerve gas, send security to my office and have him taken back to his cottage.”
    “Yes sir.”
    “Also Number 6 is to be secured in his cottage for the time being, so you can re-activate Rover.”
    “Yes sir.”
    “Oh and Number 6 is under the illusion that he’s Number 12, and wants to leave the village.”
    The Supervisor laughs quietly to himself “Understood sir, Number 6 will try anything to escape!”


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment