Search This Blog

Thursday 25 April 2019

Village Life

    “You know what I’m going to do?”
    “What are you going to do?”
    “Resign!”
    “You can’t do that.”
    “Why not?”
    “Because they won’t let you.”~
    “Who won’t?”
    “What do you want to go and resign for?”
    “I’m fed up!”
    “Fed up with what?”
    “Administration!”
    “You’ve got a good job in administration.”
    “Oh yeah that’d be right. I’m responsible for parks and leisure!”
    “So?”
    “I make sure that the gardens are kept in order, to see the lawns are cut, and the hedges trimmed, and what flowers to have planted.”
    “What’s wrong with that?”
    “I’m also responsible for the use of municipal deckchairs, and changing tents on the beach. And to make sure the beach kiosk is always stocked with everything for the beach. Oh yes, and the highlight of my day is to choose the ice cream flavour for the day.”
    “What’s wrong with that? If you think you’ve got it bad I’m in charge of village infrastructure and maintenance.”
    “What does that entail?”
    “Painting and decorating! Yesterday for instance one of my men was painting a wall.”
    “You don’t say?”
    “I do say, and do you know what?”
    “What?”
    “It wasn’t satisfactory, so I had to make him paint the wall again!”
    “I bet that was the highlight of your day.”
    “Well I ask you, what does it take to paint a wall?”
    “A tin of paint and a brush!”
    “Café and a cup of tea?”
    “I’m still going to resign.”
    “You know what we should do don’t you?”
    “Resign?”
    “No exchange jobs, that way we wouldn’t get so bored.”
    “And two teacakes.”
    “What?”
    “With the tea.”
    “Alright, but it’s your turn to pay. What did you say the ice cream flavour is for today?”
    “I didn’t. But I was torn between the idea of mint chock chip or vanilla. So I opted for non-alcoholic rum and raisin!”


Be seeing 

No comments:

Post a Comment