Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 June 2019

What Was That?

    It sounded like a click, something in the mirror, or was it over there, yes over there too!
    Why am I under surveillance? What have I supposed to have done, what am I suspected of having done? All I did was resign, if you can’t chuck up a job things have come to a pretty pass!
    I would go on holiday but I cannot make up my mind where to go.
Paris, perhaps not, although Engadine would be pleased to see me, darling she would say greeting me with open arms. No not Paris, Ireland? No, rather too cold this time of year. I bought a load of brochures from the travel agency, World Travel, they were very helpful. Greece, Italy any number of places I could go. Perhaps somewhere different, somewhere quiet where I can think and contemplate my future, whatever future there can be for an ex-secret agent of British Military Intelligence.
    Perhaps I’ll travel the world living out of a suitcase, become a private investigator. I’m sure that sounded like a click, and what’s that hissing sound……………
    “We’ll be open in a minute, do you want breakfast?”
    “Where, where is this?”
    “The Village, I’ll see if the coffee’s ready.”


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment