Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 October 2019

A Favourite Scene in Village Day

    The day came during the Portmeirion shoot when filming took place on the beach with the Guardian as No.6 was trying to make his way over to the island, and would have made it had it not been for the intervention of Rover.
   It should have been a pleasurable scene to shoot, but what I had not bargained for was the mud beneath the layer of sand, yes filthy muck! I don’t recall the beach being in such a filthy state before, but there wasn’t a thing we could do about it. 
   I had expected the sand to be at least hard under foot in some places, but no, we were leaving footprints all over the sand while filming which was unavoidable. And both myself, the film crew, and Rover were getting covered in the filthy mud, but the scene had to be filmed.
And at least now I know how Patrick McGoohan felt with a meteorological weather balloon tied to his waistband! In fact in the scene we shot on the beach it’s virtually impossible to see the length of fishing line between myself and Rover. At one point when the Rover was herding me back to the village it began to overtake me forcing me to walk quicker so to keep the balloon behind me!
Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment