Search This Blog

Sunday 12 January 2020

No One Will Be Any The Wiser!

    “I’ll know.”
    “That’s as may be, but will you tell?”
    “Number 6 is dead.”
    “Yes.”
    “Rover got him.”
    “Yes funnily enough I’ve been keeping up with current events.”
    “What’s to be done?”
    “I’m thinking.”
    “What’s to think about, and isn’t it time I was leaving?”
    “What, yes, well perhaps a word with the girl Alison before you go.”
    “What for?”
    “Our masters think she might have some insight into Number 6’s motivations.”
    No.12 made to leave No.2’s office, the steel doors opened then closed. No.12 spun round.
    “I have had an idea.”
    “Really?”
    “Number 6 is dead, and they’ll blame me for it.”
    “Yes most probably. Can you open the doors?”
    “I don’t think I can allow you to leave the village.”
    “Yes why not?”
    “You can help me resolve this situation.”
    “How can I do that?”
    “It’s Number 12 who died. Rover attacked him and its 12 who is lying on a slab in the mortuary!”
    “Now let’s not get excited!”
    “While you can live out the rest of your life in the peaceful atmosphere of the village as Number 6!”
    “You’ll never get away with it!”
    “Why?”
    “Because I’ll tell, I’ll tell everyone I’m Number 12 not Number 6.”
    “Who is going to believe you? All that’s needed is a change in blazer, put it on!”
    No.2 threw a brown blazer to No.6.
    “Put it on!”
    No.6 removed the cream blazer and let it drop from his hand, and donned the brown blazer.
    “There now you are our Number 6 and no-one will be any the wiser!”
  

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment