Search This Blog

Thursday 18 March 2021

Village Life!

 

   “Do you have a map of the village?”
    “No.”
    “Why not?”
    “I’ve never needed one.”
    “You must have one in your cottage.”
    “Yes I believe there is, in my desk drawer”
    “Have you ever used it?”
    “No, no I can’t say that I have.”
    “If you don’t use a map of the village, how do you get about?”
    “The village is small enough, and if I do get lost, or looking for somewhere then I ask someone. What’s all this about a map anyway?”
    “Well I decided to treat myself to a night at the Palace of Fun.”
    “So?”
    “I couldn’t find it!”
    “So you consulted your map of the village.”
    “Yes, you see the Palace of Fun is marked clearly on the map, but there’s no corresponding building in the village!”
    “Yeeeessssssss.”
    “What do you mean Yeeeessssssss?”
    “Well some time ago now, it was around the time of the local election,  I was a little bored, so I went out to spend a night at the Palace of Fun, I asked a few citizens if they could give me directions to said Palace of Fun. The thing was people have heard of the place, but no-one can actually find it, or give directions to it!”
    “So what happened?”
    “I went to the Cat and Mouse nightclub instead!”
    “According to the map of the village the Palace of Fun should be a few yards on passed the Town Hall.”
    “Well we have a few minutes before the meeting of the general purposes committee meeting, why not take a look.”
    “See!”
    “Yeeeeeesssss, I see, a hedge and trees.”
    “But no Palace of Fun, so if it doesn’t exist why is it marked on the map?”
    “Perhaps it was, perhaps they changed their minds and made it the Recreation Hall.”
    “The Recreation Hall, that’s not on the map!”
    “No, neither is the hospital, but that exists.”
    “Yes, along the drive situated outside the village.”
    “Yes but it’s in the village grounds.”
    “I’ve a mind to speak to the village cartographer!”
    “Why?”
    “To point out the map’s inaccuracies.”
    “I tell you something for nothing.”
    “What’s that?”
    “Since that night leaving the Cat and Mouse nightclub, well it’s not been there since!”
    “You mean they closed it down?”
    “Closed it down as though it had never been there in the first place!”
   “I tell you what.”
    “What?”
    “We had better be off for a cup of tea and a bun before the café disappears!”
    “All we want is for Number 2 to disappear and we’d all be happy!”

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment