Search This Blog

Friday 9 August 2013

Doppleganger


“Am I supposed to be you, or are you being me?”
“We are a man of many parts.”
“I’m an individual!”
“Then how do you account for me?”
“It is said that we all have a double somewhere in the world.”
“And yet we are in the Village.”
“I have known doubles here in the Village.”
“The electrician and the gardener.”
“Number one-one-three b and one-one-three c.”
“The photographer and the operator of The Tally Ho dispenser.”
“You and I are the same.”
“I’m nothing like you!”
“You’re not standing where I am!”
“If we are the same, then you’ll know why we resigned.”
“Yes, but I’m not so sure that was reason enough.”
“You can’t get round it like that. You know why we resigned.”
“Yes, but surely you of all people wouldn’t expect me to tell, to tell……”
“To tell what?”
“I really couldn’t say.”
“Then neither could I.”
“But then if you hadn’t resigned in the first, we might not be in this predicament now!”
“Me resign? I Like that, I thought it was you!”
“Well how are we gong to escape?”
“I know, if we try something one way, and it doesn’t work….”
“Yes.”
“Well we can try it another way.”
“And if that fails?”
“We could give the reason as to why we resigned.”
“Never!”
“I thought you might say that.”
“What do you mean by that?”
“Nothing, nothing at all. Only it means we could be here a very long time!”
                                                                              Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment