Search This Blog

Friday 27 July 2018

60 Seconds With No.42

    “Dutton isn’t it?”
    “Yes.”
    “I am Number One-one-three, and this is my photographic colleague Number One-one-three b, we contribute to The Tally Ho.”
    “Smile” click goes the camera.
    “We haven’t seen you out and about The Village before, if indeed at all.”
    “I’ve been in hospital.”
    “Oh I’m sorry, nothing too serious I hope.”
    “Not if you call being fed mind-bending drugs, truth serums, have buckets of water thrown over you then prodded with live electrodes, then no nothing too series!”
    “You talked?”
    “What do you think? I told them everything I knew, and something’s I didn’t think I knew.”
    “So what are you doing here?”
    “I’ve been allowed out into the……peaceful atmosphere of The Village for Seventy-two hours.”
    “Why?”
    “So that I can reconsider.”
    “Reconsider?”
    “The trouble is, although I’ve told them everything they don’t believe me.”
    “And after Seventy-two hours?”
    “They’ll take me back to the hospital, and by the time they find I’m telling the truth……well soon Roland Walter Dutton will cease to exist!”
    “Smile!” click goes the camera.
    “Do you know Dutton sixty seconds with you, and I realize how fortunate I am!”

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment