Search This Blog

Thursday 1 September 2011

Residents Only!

   In a previous posting some little time ago, I wrote about how I felt that this picture is deliberate. And felt that it has some symbolic meaning behind it, but just couldn't quite grasp what it is.
    Well last night the wife and I sat watching Lewis on ITV1, Police Inspector Lewis said something to his sergeant Hathaway, and that made me prick up my ears and write the following interpretation on a piece of paper.

    Residents only - meaning that you do not belong. You are not a citizen of the Village, just somebody looking in, through the window so to speak, television or computer screen.  Somehow that interprates the picture for me.   I'll be seeing you

2 comments:

  1. As opposed to No Visitors Only

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mister Anonymous,

    Yeeeeeessssssssss......reads as a bit of a double negative to me!!!!!! Don't quite get this one. As Confusious once said, enlightenment please.

    As ever
    Dave
    BCNU

    ReplyDelete