Search This Blog

Monday 27 January 2020

A Right Pair of Six’s!


    “Well you seem pretty pleased with yourself, that’s not like me at all! What’s put you in a good mood?”
    “I’ll be damned!”
    “Yes, you probably will be.”
    “I suppose you’re supposed to be me!”
    “There’s no supposed about it.”
    “You’re the goodie Number 6 who is supposed to be proving me wrong.”
    “That’s right.”
    “Well how do you propose to do that? Oh don’t tell me, you work on the principle that the good cowboy wears a white hat, and the baddie a black hat.”
    “Something like that.”
    “Well you’ve got off to rather a bad start, looking at the colour of your blazer.”
    “Its brown, what’s wrong with that?”
    “Nothing, except in a certain light it looks black!”
    “Well I’ve certainly never worn a white blazer like that before!”
    “Well you know what they say.”
    “No, what do they say?”
    “A change is as good as a rest!”
    “I’d never go about wearing a badge like that. So that’s twice you’ve got me wrong!”
    “You mean you would refuse your identity?”
    “I am not a number……..”
    “I am a free man!”
    “You mock me!”
    “Not at all, it’s just that acceptance makes life here a little more worth living.”
    “You’ve never tried to escape?”
    “Yes several times.”
    “Then why are you still here?”
    “That’s because you have never succeeded!”
    “What do you mean by that?”
    “Well if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t be here, it’s as simple as that!”
    “You expect me to believe that I’m you and you are me?”
    “The sooner you come to terms with that, the easier it will be for the both of us.”
    “You, you’re nothing like me!”
    “I should take a look in the mirror if I were you mate!”
    “Look I know who I am, Number 2 knows who I am, I just don’t know who you are!”
    “There’s an easy way to settle this.”
    “How do you mean?”
    “Show me your bruised fingernail!”
   
Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment