Search This Blog

Friday 19 June 2020

The Therapy Zone?

    “You…of all people, I’d never have believed it.”
    “Roland Walter Dutton!”
    “Who was he?” 
    “His body was washed up on the shore, how long have you been here?”
    “You don’t know?”
    “Would I ask?”
    “It’s difficult to say, a couple of months……and you?”
    “Quite recently.”
    “How’s
London?”
    “About the same.”
    “Places don’t change, only people.”
    “Some people.”
    “I want to talk about it anyway.”
    “Let’s go inside.”
    “I told them.”
    “What?”
    “Everything I know, the irony of it is they don’t believe me, you know I didn’t have access to the vital stuff.”
    “Yes.”
    “They’ll take me back to the hospital….and by the time they realize I’m telling the truth it’ll be too late.”
    “When?”
    “They’ve released me for 72 hours so that I can reconsider in the peaceful atmosphere of the….of the village.”
    “Still hope.”
    “No my friend not for me, such noble thoughts are long dead. Soon…… Roland Walter Dutton……will cease to exist.”
    I like the way the interior of the cave has been paved over, much like the interior of the cave, the Therapy Zone’ in ‘Free For All.’ In fact the interior of both caves are mostly likely the same, it’s just the location that’s slightly different.
    Dutton is like Cobb in a way, it being difficult to say just how long they have been in the village. No.6 knows because he’s only quite recently arrived, and hasn’t undergone interrogation techniques like Dutton and Cobb. At first, Dutton seeing his old colleague and one time friend, he must have thought he must be one of them, perhaps being assigned to him. Otherwise what’s ZM73 doing there? And I’m afraid Dutton got it quite wrong, places do change, and not always for the better.


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment