Search This Blog

Sunday 4 September 2011

Decoding The Prisoner

   Chris Greory, in his book pictured on the left, writes 'In the General, expriments are being conducted with mass brainwashing.' Well I suppose that all depends on your definition of what brainwashing is - to change a person's ideas or beliefs by physical and mental conditioning used over a long period of time. To completely wash away a person's mind, to replace his or her identity with that of another.
    Well certainly no Village student of Speedlearn was brainwashed. They still knew who they were. Neither had they actually been conditioned. It was a simple case of implanting, subliminally, knowledge inside their heads. No actual harm was done to them, save for the fact that each student knew word for word the same knowledge as everyone else, and spouts it out parrot fashion!
   Have you read this book at all? I dipped into it once, and that was enough for me I have to say. The author, a University lecturer, gave the impression that he knew the Prisoner, when in fact he seemd to hardly have a passing acquaintance with it! I saw Chris Gregory once, at a 30th anniversary event for the Prisoner in London. I didn't bother to listen to Gregory's lecture, I took my leave of the room after just two minutes!   Be seeing you.

2 comments:

  1. Those criticisms could apply to many of the febrile authors and the feeble books that they have had published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Moor,

    Yes, so I'm reliably informed. But this book even more so.

    As ever
    David
    BCNU

    ReplyDelete