Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 February 2013

The Professors Lecture

   THEPRIS6NER, what is it all about? Thankfully during my time in The Village I never encountered that membranic "thing," what is it, a guardian? But there it is, as large as life, proving the fact that the guardian did not die in ‘Fall Out.’
   But is it all really in the mind? Does not The Village physically exist? It's a poor look out for me, an many others if it doesn't! There has been a theory put forward that this new Village has been built on the site of the previous one. That the desert shows that there has been a dramatic climate change, well I don't subscribe to that particular theory, but a theory it is nonetheless for that.
    I question the educational policy, I do not see the value in teaching pupils the art of surveillance, set against each other, set against their elders, and to report any suspect.
   There is history, the history of The Village, but just who was Lady Two the Great, and how far back does the history of The Village go? I mean No.2 did say that soon they would be writing their own history, seems to me that they succeeded!
   This new Village is not for me, even though there is the feel of the 1950's and 60's,
not to mention the "retro" look The Village enjoys. Yet there has been advancement in technology, just look at Two's lap top, the top being made of glass!
  You may think that I'm crossing over from the one Village to the other, but I assure you that is not the case. People are having their say on THEPRIS6NER, and I simply thought to exercise my right to do so. I was curious. But gratified to see so many echoes of the original series within the new series, and that education was touched on, if ever so briefly.
   I understand that people are switching off rather than watching THEPRIS6NER, that fans do not like it because it's not a remake, did they really want a simple remake? I think that it is very poor to think fans of ‘the Prisoner’ have turned their backs on this new series, especially after they have dealt with the complexities of McGoohan's ‘Prisoner.’ I would have thought that to them THEPRIS6NER would have been a piece of cake. But really, is THEPRIS6NER so very different to that of the original? In my opinion, no, it's all there, just wrapped up a little differently if you ask me.

The Professor

No comments:

Post a Comment