Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 June 2019

Who’s That On The Telephono?

    “Good morning, good morning, any complaints?”
    “A maid brings me my breakfast every morning.”
    “Yes I know, think yourself lucky!”
    “Lucky? By the time the maid gets here my breakfast is always cold!”
    “Yes, well you’re not the only one to enjoy such a privilege you know.”
    “Lucky me!”
    “Do you know what I had for breakfast this morning?”
    “No, do tell me.”
    “A slice of toast!”
    “Well just make sure the maid gets here a bit sooner will you!”
    “I shall see to it personally.”
    “What. you’re the maid today?”
    “No, it’s my day off. How do you like our new telephone video system by the way?”
    “You can see the person you’re speaking to.”
    “Yes, it will be all the rage one day. We hope to miniaturize it into a single handset so that people will be able to carry it with them wherever they go.”
    “A mobile telephone video system.”
    “Well yes, but I’m toying with the idea of calling it a mobile phone.”
    “That’s quite catchy. A personal mobile telephone people will carry with them, so that you can call up anyone at anytime no matter where they are.”
    “Good idea isn’t it?”
    “No, you’ll also know where everyone is at any time of day, and track them through the day, and for as long as you like. It’s called unobtrusive surveillance!”
    “Thank you Number Six, I hadn’t thought of that! See you soon.”

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment