Search This Blog

Thursday 28 March 2013

60 second Interview With No.12 The Shopkeeper


     No.113 "You're just a snivelling little creep, aren’t you?"
    No.12 "I beg your pardon Sir?"
    "You heard me!"
    No.113 "Smile!" {click goes the camera}
    "Well there's no call to be insulting sir I'm sure."
    "You were watching No.6."
    "Was I Sir, I don't recall."
    "Then let me remind you. No.6 came in here to buy a copy of the newspaper, and then asked to listen to L'alesienne."
    "Ah, now I remember. We have six copies."
    "And No.6 listened to them all."
    "Yes Sir. He was timing them, and then he wrote something down on a piece of paper."
    "Did he?"
    "Look, who are you?"
    No.113b: "Smile" {click goes the camera}
    "Well whoever we are, we're not a pair of snivelling little creeps like you!"
    "That's twice you've accused me of that...."
    "Well you did go running to No.2 the moment No.6's back was turned, didn't you?"
    "Well I don't know about that Sir.
    "Ah, well that's where we have the better of yo"u see.
    "I'm sure I don't know what you mean gentlemen. Now if you don't mind, I've got my work to do."
    "What reporting to No.2, informing on anything out of the ordinary you mean."
    "Look, have you come in here to buy anything?"
    "No."
    "Then would you get out then. I've customers to attend to."
   "No you haven't, there's only we three here!"
   "Look I have to close the shop!"
    "And go running to No.2 about my attitude no doubt."
    "Not at all. I don't do that sort of thing. Informing on others, the very idea!"
    Ting a ling ling sounds the shop bell.
    And the door to the General store was soundly locked against us.
    "No.12 picking up the receiver of the telephone on the counter: Get me No.2 quickly........"

Reporter No.113
Photographer No.113b

No comments:

Post a Comment