Search This Blog

Saturday 31 March 2018

Village Life!

    “Nice day.”
    “Yes, it will be nice again tomorrow, where are you going?”
    “I’m on my way home.”
    “Aren’t you stopping for lunch?”
    “Why should I do that?”
    “It’s lunchtime.”
    “Yes, that’s why I’m going home.”
    “Well there’s no need to be like that, its people like you who’ll put me out of business!”
    “Ooooh so you say!”
    “Coffee’s on, at least stop for a coffee.”
    “What, when I can make my own coffee at home?!”
    “I can make you a Latte.”
    “Yuck! It’s all milk!”
    “What happened in Eighteen-thirty?”
    “How should I know!”
    “Didn’t you catch the Professor’s latest lecture?”
    “I was watching ‘
Danger Man.
    “Oh I missed it. What happened this week?”
    “Drake had to infiltrate Colony Three, somewhere on the Steppes of Russia.”
    “That’s the one where Colony Three turns out to be a typical English town.”
    “That’s right.”
    “A bit like The Village wouldn’t you say?”
    “Not really, it’s more Italianate.”
    “The Professor’s next lecture is on architecture.”
    “I’m only perpendicular when I’ve had a few in the Cat and Mouse!”
    “Where are you off to now?”
    “To begin writing my next book.”
    “You’re a writer I never knew that!”
    “Well my name is Ian Flemming.”
    “What James Bond?”
    “Shhhhhhh, don’t let everyone know, they’ll want a free signed copy of my books!”
    “What’s your next book about?”
    “Bond resigns his job from British Military Intelligence, and then he’s abducted from his home in
London and wakes up in some isolated village where everyone is a prisoner!”
    “It’s bound to be a best seller. Stop for a coffee, and I’ll make sure it’s shaken and not stirred.”
    “Yes that’s what the other waiter said yesterday, and there was more coffee in the saucer than in the cup!”
   

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment