Search This Blog

Friday 9 March 2018

Village Life!

    “Morning.”
    “Morning, nice day for it.”
    “Nice day for what?”
    “The race.”
    “The race? This is the first time I’ve heard anything about a race!”
    “The human race!”
    “Oh I see, you’re in one of those moods today.”
    “Well it’s better than going about being miserable.”
    “Where are you off to now?”
    “I’m going to the library to swot up for the exams.”
    “Aren’t you going to stay for a cup of tea?”
    “What pay you an exorbitant price for a cup of tea, when I can have a whole pot at home for nothing.”
    “Hardly nothing. And what do you mean swot up for the exams?”
    “Well my mathematics is a little rusty.”
    “Well you know what the General said.”
    “No what did he say?”
    “If x equals pi squared by four and a half, then y?”
    “Pie that reminds me, I haven’t had my lunch yet.”
    “We’ll be serving lunch in a few minutes, I’ll get you a table. Where are you off to now?”
    “Home, I’ve a steak and kidney pie, with mashed potatoes and mushy peas for lunch.”
    “Miserable old devil, he passes through here and never spends a penny farthing at the café!”
    “I say waiter, have you got frogs legs?”
    “No sir, I always walk this way!”

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment