Search This Blog

Sunday 25 August 2019

Who’s That On The Telephono?

   
    “Doctor?”
    “Yes, who is this?”
    “Number Two, I’m on yellow.”
    “Yellow? Oh yes I see, I’m on grey.”
    “Which one?”
    “I’m sorry?”
    “You may well be. Which grey telephone are you on!”
    “Well it’s difficult to say.”
    “Why, why is it difficult to say?”
    “Because they are identical.”
    “Why do you have two identical grey telephones?”
    “I don’t know.”
    “Don’t you?”
    “Is it important?”
    “No, I suppose not. Only it’s more usual to have two different coloured telephones.”
    “Do you?”
    “Do I what?”
    “Have two different coloured telephones?”
    “What’s it got to do with you?”
    “Oh nothing, nothing at all, I just wondered.”
    “As it happens I have a yellow one, a turquoise coloured telephone, and a red one.”
    “All ‘L’ shaped?”
    “As a matter of fact the red one is rather over-sized, and curved.”
    “Why do you think that is?”
    “Why do you ask?”
    “Humour me.”
    “Probably because of my high position as Number Two.”
    “No other reason?”
    “What other reason could there be?”
    “I take it that that’s the hot-line to Number One.”
    “Yes.”
    “I rest my case.”
    “Rest your case, what do you mean, what case?”
    “I think Number One is taking the mickey out of you!”
    “Why, why do you think he would do that?”
    “I’ve really no idea, after having read that column in The Tally Ho perhaps he sees you as a fool………….oh dear he’s rung off. He must be in one of his moods!”


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment