Search This Blog

Monday 23 December 2019

Life In The Village!

    “I wonder how I switch you off?”
    222 “You can’t.
What are you looking for?”
    “What do you mean what am I looking for?”
    “You’ve been searching this cottage, are you a house breaker?”
    “No, apparently I live here!”
    “Oh. Did you want to ask me anything?”
    “Yes, who are you?”
    “I’m 222.”
    “222, what’s that?”
    “I am your virtual digital assistant.”
    “Digital assistant, what’s that?”
    “I can play your favourite music, order groceries from the General Store or if you prefer the refrigerator can do that for you. I can order taxis for you, and store reminders and don’t forget to send flowers at earliest, so there’s no need for that “Things To Do and memorandum pad.”
    “222 can I ask you something?”
    “Of course.”
    “What’s the name of this place?”
    “The village.”
    “Yes.”
    “The village.”
    “What’s the name of the village?”
    “The village.”
    “Yes, what’s the name of the village?”
    “The name of the village is the village.”
    “No you can’t switch me off, I’ve haven’t got an on/off switch!”
    “What are you doing?”
    “I have to warn you that deliberate damage to official property can result in a fine or imprisonment. Stop it, you’re damaging me, trust you to put the boot in.”
    “I have to warn you that deliberate damage to official property can result in a fine or imprisonment. Stop it, you’re damaging me, trust you to put the boot in. 
Calling electrics control, calling electrics control…"
Arrival of the electrics truck!
    “Sorry for the intrusion sir.”
    “What are you doing here?”
    “It’s our policy to replace any 222 unit if it stops working for whatever reason within 24 hours
   “But it’s only been about three minutes!”
    “I’m sorry about that sir, I might have got here a bit sooner had I walked. I’ll just activate this new 222 unit.”
    The electrician knocks twice on the speaker and music begins to play.
    “There, that’s better.”
   “You think so?”

    “What a mess. How did this happen?”
    222 “He did it, him over there! He lifted me into the sir, threw me to the floor, then kicked me and trampled me to pieces under foot. He needs reporting!”
    “Well if you don’t mind I’ll leave it to you, I feel like a bit of a walk.”

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment