Search This Blog

Saturday 9 February 2013

The Village Weekly - Journal - Mercury - Tally Ho Journal

    A few day ago now, I received this picture from an old friend of mine, along with the following words.
“Fabulous new information - TWO village journals found on Blu Ray!”
       As it happens I had been looking at the same picture on my lap top via the DVD the night before the above picture's arrival in my inbox. It's astounding the detail the production crew went into with 'the Prisoner,' I mean such detail as the magazines would not have been noticed originally, that of 'Village Mercury' and 'Tally Ho Journal.'
    However those are not the only magazines to be seen in ‘the Prisoner,’ as in the newspaper rack in the General Store in ‘Hammer Into Anvil’ there are what looks to be something like 'His Gifts' at the top of the rack, but I could be wrong, as only the top of the letters are visible. Then ‘Village Weekly,’ another 'Village Journal,’ a third Village Journal, and finally at the bottom of the newspaper rack, a real magazine at the bottom of the newspaper rack {perhaps a special import} QUEEN magazine, which was sold to Harpers Bazaar in 1968, and became 'Harper's and Queen' from 1970, until the name QUEEN was dropped from the masthead.

  
   I had not intended to post this on my blog, as I had have included it in my manuscript about ‘the Prisoner,’ the various magazines which I discovered a few years back during my 4 year in-depth study of the series. However since the top picture had been sent to me I realised things were being discovered, this with the question of a face on one of the Village Weekly magazine, this one.
   It has recenlty been claimed on facebook I believe, that the man pictured here is actor Tony Anholt from the 1970’s television series ‘The Protectors,' it isn't. Nor is it James Darren from the 1960’s television series ‘Time Tunnel, but actually it's a young actor David Hemmings. The young woman is actress Judy Geeson.
                                                              Actor David Hemmings.
    Anyway, seeing as this has been up for discussion on facebook, indicating that people are looking at this material, I thought for once I had better break a rule, not to put anything from my manuscript into the public domain before the manuscript it published. And so here has been my two penny worth on the matter here on my blog, seeing as I don't use facebook.

I'll be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment