Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 November 2018

60 Seconds With No.2

    “I trust we have not called at an inconvenient time Number Two.”
    “Inconvenient, certainly not, what can I do for you?”
    “I am Number One-one-three, and this is my photographic colleague Number One-one-three b, we contribute to The Tally Ho.”
    “Smile” click goes the camera.
    “Yes I wanted to ask you something about that, now what was it?”
    “About the rumours, would you like to make a comment?”
    “Rumours, what rumours are they?”
    “That two Number Six’s have been seen about The Village!”
    “Two Number Six’s, don’t be ridiculous man!”
    “They have been seen leaving their cottage and walking to the Recreation Hall.”
    “Don’t be silly man.”
    “Later they were seen being herded to the Green Dome by the Guardian.”
    “Impossible.”
    “You refute these rumours?”
    “Most certainly I do, two Number Six’s in The Village, I’ve never heard of anything so preposterous!”
    “We can quote you on that Number Two?”
    “Of course you can.”
    “Smile” click goes the camera.
    “I’ve just remembered what I wanted, a word with you about.....about the headline in The Tally Ho. Is No.2 Fit For Further Term? What the devil do you mean by that?”


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment