Search This Blog

Monday 4 February 2013

60 Second Interview With Fotheringay


No.113: "Is that you Fotheringay?"
Fotheringay: "Yes, who is this?"
"I don't usually carry out interviews over the telephone. But tell me Fotheringay, why did you act in the way you did against your old colleague. You greeted him like an old lost friend."
"What are you talking about?"
"The Village Fotheringay, what were you doing there with the Colonel?"
"Oh, I see. No.2 told me to get back to London before any embarrassing questions were asked!"
"Well it looks like he was right."
"What do you want to know?"
"Fotheringay, are you about to stab the Colonel in the back like you did No.6?"
"Look, I'll answer your questions alright."
"Why did you do it Fotheringay?"
"It was the Colonel's idea."
"And you were there simply to......"
"Add a touch of authenticity, that's all."
"Meaning that you would normally have been the first person to see our friend in the Colonel's office."
"Well naturally. If I hadn't have been there, well he would have instantly known it was a trick."
"And now you know all about the Village. I'm surprised they let you leave."
"I'm trusted"
"And then there's all those embarrassing questions."
"Well quite. Look just who are you?"
"The press office."
""The press office....... well really!"

Reporter No.113
Photograph from the Department of Visual Records

No comments:

Post a Comment