Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 February 2018

Village Life!

    “Well you’ve certainly made yourself at home, haven’t you?
    “Are you telling me, or asking a question?”
    “What do you mean?”
    “Well first you accuse me of having made myself at home, and then you asked me a question.”
    “There’s no question about it, you’ve made yourself at home!”
    “No, I’ve made you a cup of tea.”
    “How did you do that?”
    “I boiled some water in the kettle. I put three caddy spoonfuls in the pot, one for you, one for me, and one for the pot.”
    “Not one for luck?”
    “No, I added hot water and let it stand for a few moments.”
    “Did you warm the pot first?”
    “No.”
    “Oh dear, you really don’t know how to make a decent cup of tea do you......did you show it to the pictures?”
    “I didn’t know I was supposed to!”
    “If you show it to the pictures you’ll get a stronger brew.”
    “I didn’t know that.”
    “Well you do now. A Scotsman by the name of James Fraser taught me that.”
    “Shall I pour this away?”
    “Yes, then I’ll show you how to make decent cup of tea.”
    “According to James Fraser?”
    “No, according to George Orwell!”
    “Did he show it to the pictures?”
    “No, he wrote nineteen eighty-four.”


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment