Search This Blog

Friday 13 July 2012

Prismatic Reflection

Many Happy Returns
21 Years In The Village

‘Another Number’
    My wife Morag and I may not have been active in the 2001 Prisoner Convention on the re-enactments front, but neither were we idle. Because during the Convention Australian singer and musician Carmel Morris was filming for her video for a song ‘Another Number.’ Well of course Morag and I became involved with some of the filming in the crowd for one scene of the video, where we all had to have empty, blank staring faces for the camera. But as it happens I also played the role of, Number 2 not Number 6 for that was Carmel, I was Number 2 with the line "Don't worry Number Six, you'll be cured." In fact my voice was dubbed over by Australian actor David Nettheim, who played the role of one of the doctors, wearing spectacles, in ‘the Prisoner’ episode ‘The Schizoid Man.’
   For one scene I was Number 2 standing on the balcony of the Green Dome with Number 6 below being surrounded by village citizens. The sun was directly in my eyes, but I couldn't blink, and then out of the corner of my eye I saw the figure of a person walking up the steps and was going to walk out on the balcony, wanting to get herself "on camera," as we were filming. I said very quietly and forcefully for her to go away as we were filming... and she did. This was the second, and last time I played the role of Number 2.
  The video can be viewed at http://youtu.be/V0oJqxTh6qM

I'll be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment