Search This Blog

Monday 25 June 2018

A Favourite Scene In The Schizoid Man

    “I’m a very light sleeper, it’s in my file. Five yard range, nerve gas, one squirt you’re paralysed, two squirts you’re dead.” 
    “Couldn’t sleep, came here because……..who am I?”
    “You know who you are, you’re Number Twelve.”
    “Yes, yeah Number Twelve…..sometimes in my dreams I’m somebody else.”
    “Who?”
    “I don’t know……sometimes in my dreams I’ve resigned my job.”
    “Why did you resign your job…in your dream?”
    “Sometimes I’m here in my dreams, then I come back, I wonder now…who am I? Why am I here?”
    “I think we’ll call Number Two, he might be able to help.”
    Number 6 then attacks his adversary while he’s off guard for a moment. A vicious fight takes place at the end of which Number 6 vanquishes his apparent other self, and with the aid of the false mole, he takes Curtis’ place. Curtis makes a dash for it and outside the cottage pursued by Number 6 and is confronted by the Guardian. He gives the password Schizoid Man, the Guardian turns its attention to Curtis “Schizoid Man……..Schizoid Man…….Schizoid Man” but the Guardian chooses not to accept the password from him. Curtis runs, the Guardian pursues and then suffocates Curtis to death, although we only have Number 6’s word for that.
    In his dreams Number 6 says he’s someone else, that someone else is his stunt double Frank Maher pictured above. In fact Frank plays Number 6 and Number 12 as much as Patrick McGoohan does in ‘The Schizoid Man,’ yet he went unaccredited for the role. And the fight scene in which Number 6 takes on his doppelganger, {stunt double Frank Maher} we have seen much the same scene in the ‘Danger Man’ episode ‘The Ubiquitous Mr. Lovegrove.’
   Whether the nerve gas was developed by scientists and chemist in a laboratory in The Village or in a country beyond The Village and then imported is unknown. However if chemists can develop those so called super strength moprobomates as used on Number 50 in ‘Its’ Your Funeral,’ then why not nerve agent?


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment