Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 February 2019

Who’s That On The Telephono?


    “Is that Number Six?”
    “You know it is, you called me, so what do you want?”
    “Number Two here.”
    “I know it is, what do you want?”
    “Don’t be like that.”
    “Like what?”
    “Angry.”
    “I’m not angry.”
    “You’re not?”
    “No.”
    “I’m on the red telephone.”
    “What’s that to me?”
    “Play the game Number Six, I’m on the red telephone, what colour telephone are you on?”
    “Black as well you know. Now what do you want?”
    “I just phoned to ask if you had any more of those shortcake biscuits?”
    “What?”
    “I was eating one earlier, and now I fancy another.”
    “Hasn’t your
Butler got any biscuits?”
    “No, he can only offer Battenberg, or slab cake!”
    “Do you have any idea where this is going?”
    “It’s me going without a biscuit that’s where it’s going.”
    “Sorry I can’t help. I don’t eat biscuits.”
    “Then where did I get that biscuit earlier?”
    “I couldn’t possibly say.”
    “Oh it’s alright, I’ve just found another in one of my pockets!”
    “Who I ask you, goes about with biscuits in their pocket.... I say, you’re not Tuppy Glossop are you?”
    “Who?”
    “Tuppy Glossop, once engaged to...........no I can tell you don’t know what I’m talking about! Well he used to go about with biscuits in his pocket that’s all.”
    “Who did?”
    “Tuppy Glossop.”
    “We don’t have time for this............only for your future, although you may not have one!”
    “I wish Jeeves were here!”
    “Jeeves?”
    “He’d have a plan to get me out of here.”
    “Then it’s just as well he’s not!”
    At that point the phone went dead.
    “I say Jeeves.”
    “Yes sir?”
    “If you were going to get someone out of The Village, how would you go about it?”
    “Well sir if I could figure out how I came to be here myself, then I might be able to think of a way out.”
    “Jeeves.”
    “Yes sir?”
    “I think I’d like some tea.”
    “Very good sir.”


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment