Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 March 2017

60 Second Interview With 86

    No.113 “Now what’s a nice girl like you doing in The Village?”
    Number 86 “I don’t think that’s anything to do with you!”
    “Don’t be like that, our readers want to know about people like you.”
    “Why people like me?”
    “You’re not like the others, you’re interesting, you’re sexy. Play your cards right and we could have you on page three, something tasteful!”
    No.113b “Smile.” {click goes the camera}
    “Page three, what’s that?”
    “Well we contribute to The Tally Ho you know. I am Number One one-three, and this is my photographic colleague Number One one-three b.”
    “Smile” {click goes the camera}
    “Are you the one who wrote about Number 6 being under further investigation.”
    “Yes.”
    “And about Number Ninety-three’s confession?”
    “Well....”
    “Oh yes, and about the Committee hearings.”
    “I cannot deny.........”
    “Not to mention Number Six being declared unmutual.”
    “Well these events have to be reported.”
    “There’s no mention of a reporter, just the headline, no mention of the writer.”
    “Well I..........”
    “And the photograph, it’s not even one of Number Six in Village clothes!”
    “I admit it, we obtained that photograph from the Department of visual Records.”
    “But he’s a photographer.”
    “Yes well it’s the editor, he always insists on non Village pictures for the paper.”
    “Why?”
    “I don’t know.”
    “And The Tally Ho doesn’t have a page three does it?”
    “No!”
    “What is it you want?”
    “We were going to ask you about the operations you carry out, we’re not sure if they are ethical, but we’ve had a change of mind!”
    “Oh don’t waste my time, and get out!”
    Number 113 and 113b go to leave.
    “I still say we could get her on page three. That Number Eight didn’t mind posing for the camera. She was a bit of alright she was an Estonian.”
    “One of these days they’ll twig you don’t have any film in that camera of yours.”
    “Yeah, but by then it will be too late!”
    “I’ll tell Number Two of your activities.”
    “Snitch!”
    “You can call me what you like mate. At least I don’t pretend I’m something I’m not!”
   “What do you mean by that?”
   “Newspaper reporter! Not one word you’ve ever written has ended up in the newspaper.”
    “You’re right. There’s not a great deal of point to what we do is there?”
    “What should we do?”
    “We could resign!”
    “What and be unemployed?”
    “It Doesn’t sound good when you put it that way.”
    “Oh look, isn’t that the Number Two being chased along the street by a lot of people?”
    “Come on, there’s a story there, got your camera?”
    “Always to hand, I’ll get a picture of Number Two being chased up the steps!”
    “I can see the headline now, Number 2 leads race to the Green Dome!”
    “I thought we didn’t have elections here?”
    “I’ll write the story, you just take the pictures!”

Reporter Number 113
Photographer Number 113b

No comments:

Post a Comment