Search This Blog

Sunday 24 December 2017

Village Life!

    “How are you today?”
    “To be perfectly honest I feel a little queer!”
    “How so?”
    “Well tell me if I’m going mad, but we walk this way to the Town Hall every day.”
    “Well it’s our usual route.”
    “Yes I know.”
    “It’s the quickest route to the Town Hall.”
    “I know that too. But today don’t you get the impression that something isn’t quite right?”
    “Now you come to mention it, I did find my cottage bloody unusual.”
    “How so?”
    “As if it had been messed about with during the night.”
    “You mean its back to front.”
    “Mirrored!”
    “Just like that sign.”
    “Nwot llah.”
    “Yes, and now you come to mention it, shouldn’t the nwot llah be on the other side of the road?”
    “No, it’s on the right side of the road alright, it’s that we’re coming at it from the other way, from further up the road!”
    “What do you think has happened?”
    “It’s either one of Number Two’s little games, or somehow we’ve stumbled into a parallel Village.”
    “It’s worse than that, it’s a parallel Village that’s been mirrored!”
    “Then that makes the two of us the odd men out. I mean just look at our badges, the numbers are the right way round.”
    “You mean the wrong way round!”
    “How are we going to get back?”
    “I’ve no idea. What bothers me for the moment is, I’ve got to read the minutes of yesterday’s meeting.........backwards!”


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment