Search This Blog

Saturday 16 March 2019

Village Life!

    “Can I be of assistance sir?”
    “Yes, if you wouldn’t mind calling bomb disposal please!”


The sound of a distant siren.
     In an unmarked vehicle two bomb disposal experts rush to the Gloriette.
    Sound of a siren.
    “Look, I’ll get the bucket of water ready, while you remove the bomb and drop it in the bucket”
    “I’ve got a better idea. I’ll get the bucket of water while you remove the bomb and drop it in the water!”
    “I shouldn’t think Number Two will bother about who does what!”
    “Why?”
    “The bomb is hanging around his shoulders!”
    “Number Two, is a suicide bomber!”
    “Is he, I had no idea!”
    “Well he’s the one with the bomb.”
    “It could go off at any moment then?”
    “Well yes.”
    “Why have we stopped?”
    “It might be a hoax, like the time with the Cuckoo clock.”
    “Then we’ve nothing to worry about.”
    “And if it isn’t?”
    “Our worries could well soon be all over.”
    “Yes, that’s what I’m afraid of!”


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment