Search This Blog

Thursday 28 March 2019

Village Life!

    “It’s my day off tomorrow.”
    “Do we get days off?”
    “Don’t you take your days off?”
    “I’m never allowed days off, I can’t afford to take days off. The last time I did the work simply plied up!”
    “It sounds to me like you’re working to your limit, we’re all entitled to spare time, leisure is our right!”
    “You sound like one of those radical politicians.”
    “Oh dear do I? I didn’t mean to, but people go on about their rights, aren’t we allowed any?”
    “So it’s you’re day off tomorrow, what will you do with it? It’s Wednesday, so its half-day closing remember.”
    “I thought to spend it on the beach.”
    “What, trousers rolled up, knotted handkerchief, ice creams and deckchairs.”
   “Yes that sort of thing. Why don’t you come with me?”
    “I can’t.”
    “Yes you can, pull a sicky!”    
    “Shall I?”
    “Shall I, don’t you mean dare I?”
    “You’re right..............I will!”
    “We’ll meet at the cafe for breakfast.”
    “Right.....do you know I don’t feel at all well!”
    {Takes a hip flask from his overcoat pocket}
    “What’s that?”
    “Brandy.”
    “Oh good” he takes the flask.
    “I say don’t drink it all!”
    “What’s the matter, I’m as ill as you are!”


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment