Search This Blog

Monday 2 April 2018

Favourite Scene In Dance of The Dead

    I’ve done that, stood where Pat McGoohan stood when I appeared in a re-enactment of this scene at a Prisoner Convention.
    “I have my duty.”
    “To whom?”
    “To everyone, it’s the rules, of the people, by the people, for the people.”
    “Takes on a new meaning.”
    “You’re a wicked man.”
    “Wicked?”
    “You have no values.”
    “Different values.”
    “You won’t be helped.”
    “Destroyed.”
    “You want to spoil things.”
    “I won’t be a goldfish in a bowl.”
    “I must go……I may see you later?”
    “Can you avoid it?”
    “I hope it’s alright…the radio.”
    “What would you do?”
    “Report on it, ask for instructions.”
    “Number One?”
    “Yes.”
    “Who?”
    “No!”
    “Tell me.”
    “It’s all I know, all there is to know.”
    “In the place where you work?”
    “Don’t keep asking me questions!”
    And when it comes to asking questions…….. I attended a Prisoner Convention in the mid 1990’s when Norma West, who played the role of Number 240, was one of the special guests. It never occurred to me at the time to ask Norma why she wore her cloak inside out. Whether it was a request by the director, or whether she herself decided to do so. Perhaps Norma West found the colourful striped cape too garish.


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment