Search This Blog

Thursday 13 December 2012

Who's That On The Telephono?


No.6 "Yes who is it, what do you want?"
No.60 "Supervisor here sir."
"Yes, what do you want?"
"I'm on turquoise."
"What?"
"I'm on the telephone."
"Yes I know you are, I'm speaking to you!"
"On turquoise."
"What are you going on about?"
"Play the game sir."
"Play the game, do you know who you are talking to?"
"Yes sir. But which telephono are you one?"
"Errrrr I'm on yellow."
"An interesting choice. Why yellow?"
"It was the telephono that was bleeping, and I picked it up. Now what do you want?"
"It's been reported that Number Six has a pigeon."
"What?"
"Number Six has a pigeon. I didn't know he's a pigeon fancier did you sir? It's not in his file."
"What's he doing with this pigeon?"
"He's taken it into his cottage......"
"Yes go on."
".......he's taken it into the kitchen, he's oh that's nasty!"
"What, what is it?"
"He's just......."
"Yes."
"He's just wrung its neck!"
"What's he doing now?"
"He's plucking it!"
"He's what, what did you say?"
"He's plucked it. Now he's drawing it."
"That's a silly thing to do, drawing bird life."
"No sir the bird's no longer alive. He's put a pan on the hob, he put some butter in it, now the bird's in the oven! He's peeling some potatoes, grating some carrots..........laying the table for one."
"Oh get off the line. If it's a cookery programme I want, I'll watch Fanny Craddock on the television!"

BCNU

No comments:

Post a Comment